Fundacja Krzyżowa dla Porozumienia Europejskiego / Stiftung Kreisau: Local History goes into the second round – And this time it’s global! Let’s bring local history to Instagram! Sounds cool, right? But two exciting topics are joining hands here: – On the first hand, historical-political education and media literacy can no longer be considered separately, and the internet, especially in the time of the Pandemic, has become an educational site. The social network Instagram has now increasingly become a place for historical-political education as well, and numerous museums and educational institutions are now represented there. It appeals to us, on the occasion of the current debates about participation and democracy, to turn to Instagram with a project and to explore the new opportunities that the media offers for serious historical-political educational work.
– On the second hand, there is another thematic field: street names, monuments, memorial plaques and squares are an archive of language and history. We find many places of remembrance in our direct, local environment that are telling us stories about courage and democracy.
We believe that our project is innovative, new and digital. The project will provide space to discuss how historical events and developments are remembered in the local space and how this culture of remembrance influences our view of the past today. We also want to open the space for debates on how monuments/street names etc. can stimulate and provoke public discussions or even controversies.
Can you directly think of a place of remembrance in your local area that gets far too little attention or that you want to learn more about?
The The four-part seminar includes the following elements:
– a platform for intercultural exchange will be created and together we will deal with the concepts of courage, courage and democracy, as well as participation;
– diverse perspectives on historical narratives;
– remembrance culture and social media;
– introduction to the participation possibilities of the smartphone and the app Instagram; for this, a journalist will present apps and tricks on how each of us can succeed in telling stories in an exciting way;
– production of an own video.
Who can participate?
Any person between the ages of 17 and 99 and with access to the Internet can participate. Since the training is in English, you should be able to communicate in English.
Time and place:
The training will take place online, on the Zoom platform:
28.05.2021, Friday: 6 to 8.30 p.m.
11.06.2021, Friday: 6 to 8.30 p.m.
14.06.2021, Monday: 6 to 8.30 p.m.
28.06.2021, Monday: 6 to 8.30 p.m.
Do you have a question?
Then write to: firstname.lastname@example.org